Does this scenario sound familiar? You have a road bike, you want to do triathlons, but you don't have the money to upgrade to a new tri bike and you want to be competitive. If so, then here is a cool new solution that will help you achieve new milestones in the sport without spending a bunch of money.
Introducing the Switch Aero System via Redshift Sports. The system's Quick-Release Aerobars and Dual-Position Seatpost allow you to transition on-the-fly between your normal road position and a true aero position, without even slowing down. The system is perfect for cyclists, triathletes, or anyone looking for a comfortable and aerodynamic alternate riding position.
Redshift Sports was founded by Erik de Brun, Stephen Ahnert and Scott Poff. They are mechanical engineers who also happen to love cycling, triathlons, and basically anything that gets us outdoors.
What makes this system so unique:
The Switch Aerobars are different than any other clip-on aerobars. The quick-release mechanism that lets you attach or remove them in seconds without using tools.
The Switch Dual-Position Seatpost lets you move the saddle forward on-the-fly, replicating the steeper seat tube angle of a tri bike.
Together the Switch Aero System gives you the flexibility to choose the best setup for any type of ride. If you're going out for a group ride, you can leave the aerobars at home and ride a pure road bike. But if you're racing in a triathlon or doing a charity ride, you can throw the aerobars on and choose the best position for every climb, flat, and descent.
Check out the video introduction here.
- • Versatility - get the speed and efficiency of a tri bike without giving up the climbing, maneuverability, and comfort of a road bike. Choose the best position for every part of every ride.
- • Speed - hammer the flats in the aero position and spin up the climbs in the road position. Ride faster on every part of the course.
- • Simplicity - switch between the road and aero positions without even slowing down. Attach or remove the aerobars in seconds - no tools are required, and they'll be in the exact same position every time you attach them.
- • Comfort - relieve pressure on your hands and wrists by switching to an alternate position. Stay fresher longer.
- • Fit - dial in a perfect fit in both the road and aero positions. The aerobars and seatpost offer incredible adjustability to fit any rider.
- • Safety - carve down a winding descent or weave through traffic. The road position gives you the maneuverability and visibility you need in demanding situations. The aerobars also have a built-in safety latch that prevents accidental release.
How about upgrading your aerodynamics for a mere $199 instead of spending anywhere from $2,500 to $6,000 for a new triathlon bike. The Switch Aero System is a 30-day Kickstarter project which needs your help to get launched and go into full production. They are looking for backers to reach their $20,000 goal. They have many rewards available for those who initially help them out.