One of the things to consider after exercise or training and a good way to start your recovery is to replace the fluids lost during exercise. A good nutritional idea and an important one at that is to consume a carbohydrate, post-training, such as fruit or juice within 15 minutes to help restore glycogen. Here are two Post-Workout Shake recipes from our friends at Trismarter.com to help with your recovery.
Green Goddess Shake
When you don't feel like eating after a workout that lasts 60 min. or longer, a shake is the perfect solution. Blend and sip Green Goddess Post Triathlon Workout Shake during the hour post-workout, to maximize recovery and top off glycogen stores.
- • 1 cup organic spinach
- • 3 stalks organic celery
- • 1 medium organic golden delicious apple
- • 1 cup frozen pineapple
- • small piece of fresh ginger root
- • slices of lemon
- • 1 tablespoon flax oil (organic, high lignan)
- • 4 oz. water
- • handful of ice cubes
Immune Booster Shake
Are you feeling run-down? This only takes 5 minutes to prepare, but is full of nutrients to boost your immune system. It works best if you use a Vita-Mix blender, but can also work with a regular blender. Just expect the drink will be very pulpy and thick.
- • 2 cups spinach
- • 2 apples or 2 pears (or 1 of each)
- • ginger root: the size of your thumb fingernail
- • 1 small beet: raw, peel and cut
- • 1/2 cup carrots
- • 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice: or organic lemon juice from concentrate
- • optional: 3 tbsp. hemp protein
- • optional: 3 cloves garlic
- • optional: 3 tbsp. flax oil