Polar has introduced the new all-in-one RC3 GPS training computer watch that gives sports and fitness enthusiasts cutting edge heart rate monitoring, and highly accurate speed, pace and distance tracking. Ergonomically designed, the RC3 GPS is one of the lightest and slimmest all-in-on GPS training devices available.
The Polar RC3 GPS integrates GPS technology with 'Smart Coaching' - unique training guidance and features developed by Polar over the last 35 years used for planning, training and analyzing each session in detail. It helps users train at the right intensity with customizable sport zones, shows sport-specific training data for a variety of endurance sports and provides instant feedback during and after each session for a motivational training analysis. The RC3 GPS also includes the new 'Back to Start' GPS feature that directs users back from their current location to their starting point in the most direct, shortest distance.
The RC3 GPS uses the latest SiRFstar IV technology which accurately measures speed / pace and distance and allows users to see their route on a map at polarpersonaltrainer.com after the session. The battery allows users to train for up to 12 hours without the need to recharge when the GPS function is on. When the GPS function is off, the battery can last up to 1,700 hours.
"This simple-to-use, all-in-one device is packed with features built around our unique 'Smart Coaching' - users get guidance and feedback through all aspects of training, tailored exactly to their needs," said Herb Baer, Polar USA president. "Through accurate, customized and motivational heart rate technology, the RC3 GPS is a complete training system - not just a mapping gadget."
Key RC3 GPS 'Smart Coaching' Features:
• Users can create custom training plans or individual personalized programs using the built-in planning feature on polarpersonaltrainer.com. User can also join the millions of people in the Polar community with Polar Challenges - based on miles, calories and more.
• ZoneOptimizer: Knowing how hard to train can be a challenge, and it depends on many factors, including physical and mental state, stress, sleep, and previous training. The ZoneOptimizer feature eliminates guesswork by adjusting personal heart rate zones based on a user's current physiological condition. It guides training at the right intensity, making every session more effective.
• Smart Calories: OwnCal is the most accurate calorie counter on the market. It calculates the number of calories expended during a training session based on weight, height, age, gender, your individual maximum heart rate (HRmax) and how hard you're training.
After training and long-term training analysis
• Training Benefit: This feature gives instant feedback after each session based on the intensity and the duration of exercise. A summary appears right after each session and provides a quick overview. Users can then check their training file to find more detailed information on the session.
• Running Index: The RC3 GPS calculates Running Index, which scores a run based on speed and distance data from the stride sensor or GPS and heart rate data. By recording Running Index over time, users can monitor progress. Improvement in Running Index means that running at a given pace requires less of an effort, or that pace is faster at a given level of exertion.
• Training Load: This feature within polarpersonaltrainer.com displays a color-coded graph of a user's cumulative training load, notifying a person when he or she has recovered enough for the next session, while accurately predicting training developments to prevent overtraining. This data also provides intelligence to modify sessions as necessary.
• Fitness Test: This feature gets a measure of users' current fitness level in just five minutes. By regularly comparing test results, users can see what progress they are making and how their fitness is improving over time.
The RC3 GPS training computer (MSRP $299.95, available now) is slim and lightweight at 58 grams. It has a large customizable display which can show two or three rows of training data on one screen. Four Sport Profiles come pre-loaded into the RC3 GPS, including settings for running, cycling, and two other sports.
The RC3 GPS HR set (MSRP $349.95, available now) comes with the comfortable H3 heart rate sensor which measures heart rate using propriety heart rate sensing and transmission technology of Polar, and seamlessly adapts to the user's body shape.
The RC3 GPS Bike set (MSRP $369.95, available in November) comes with the CS cadence sensor W.I.N.D, which shows users their real time and average cadence of the entire cycling session, and also measures pedaling rate as revolutions per minute. By adding the CS speed sensor W.I.N.D., users can get the most precise cycling speed measurement with measures current, average and maximum cycling speed.
All sensors can be purchased separately as accessories. The RC3 GPS is also compatible with the s3 stride sensor, CS speed sensor W.I.N.D. and dual lock bike mount set. For more information, visit www.polarusa.com.