Quantcast

TRIJUICE Content Partners
 

Michael Raelert Withdraws from Ironman 70.3 New Orleans


Two-time World Champion has a slight thigh injury - Focus is on the next races at Thomas Cook Ironman 70.3 Mallorca and PowerBar Ironman 70.3 Switzerland, Rapperswil-Jona

michael raelertMichael Raelert has canceled his start at the 2012 Ochsner Ironman 70.3 New Orleans on Sunday. "I would love to take part at the Ironman 70.3 in New Orleans", the two-time winner of the Ironman 70.3 World Championship says. "But on this Sunday it would not make sense." The 31-year-old is suffering from a slight thigh-injury at the moment.

After his impressive fourth place finish at the 2012 Memorial Hermann Ironman 70.3 Texas race, Michael Raelert planned to demonstrate his great shape in New Orleans on Sunday. "My training is running very well, I am in very good shape," says Michael Raelert, who got a flat tire on the bike course in New Orleans and lost a lot of time. "I was really looking forward to starting in New Orleans and mark a real exclamation point." But in consultation with his brother Andreas, Michael will cure his slight injury first.

The two-time Ironman 70.3 world champion is now focused on the Thomas Cook Ironman 70.3 Mallorca in Alcudia on May 12th. "Last year, Andreas has shown a great performance in Alcudia - this year I want to follow in his footsteps as winner," says Michael Raelert. "My race plan now is fully focused on the Ironman 70.3 Mallorca and the PowerBar Ironman 70.3 Switzerland, Rapperswil-Jona.