Chelsea Piers Connecticut (CPCT) is pleased to announce that 4X USA Triathlon Team National Champions, Full Throttle Endurance Racing, will offer a triathlon training program at the new Chelsea Piers Connecticut site in Stamford.
The triathlon program at CPCT will include high-intensity triathlon training led by USAT Level II coach Scott Berlinger and USAT Level I coach Rick Krupa. Training is geared towards all aspects of triathlon racing for all levels, from beginners to seasoned veterans.
CPCT triathlon training covers all aspects of the sport, including:
|• Swimming||• Race Simulation|
|• Running||• Functional Training|
|• Biking||• Strength Training|
|• Agility Work||• Proper Form|
|• Core Work||• Race Preparation|
Scott Berlinger oversees the Full Throttle training cirriculum at CPCT, as he continues to lead the well-established and successful program that is headquartered at the Sports Center at Chelsea Piers in New York City. Rick Krupa, a five-time USAT All-American ('05-'09 triathlete) will serve as the head coach of the CPCT Full Throttle program in Connecticut. Athletes will race locally and nationally with the Full Throttle Racing team.
"The facilities at CPCT will be second to none in terms of triathlon training," commented Berlinger. "It is very unique to have this combination of facilities under one roof. The indoor/outdoor cycling and running capabilities, combined with an Olympic-sized pool, indoor track and a strength training facility, provide CPCT Full Throttle athletes with outstanding training options."
Scott Berlinger is a USA Triathlon Level 2 coach and one of only a dozen certified youth and junior coaches in the country. Berlinger has led the Full Throttle Endurance Racing team to the USA Triathlon National Team Victory the past three years and has also led the team to NYC Triathlon wins for four consecutive years ('07, '08, '09 and '10). Besides being a nationally acclaimed coach, Berlinger also has many personal accomplishments including the Lake Placid Ironman, along with more than 20 first or second place division finishes in various triathlons, including the NYC Tri, U.S. Nationals, Mighty Montauk and West Point Triathlons. He was also named a top five trainer in America by Men's Journal magazine and is National Academy of Sports Medicine certified. Berlinger lives with his wife and children in CT.
Rick Krupa is an elite triathlete, a competitor on Team USA at the ITU World Championships, a National Academy of Sports Medicine certified coach and has a BS in Exercise Science. He is a 5-time USAT All-American ('05-'09) triathlete. Rick placed first overall in the 2010 USAT Team Nationals Sprint, 2010 Harriman Sprint and 2009 Long Island Gold Coast Triathlon. In addition, he placed second overall in the 2010 and 2009 Elite Division of the Nautica South Beach Triathlon. He brings an elite caliber athletic pedigree to the Full Throttle Endurance Racing team, which has garnered national titles four years in a row.
About Chelsea Piers Connecticut
Chelsea Piers Connecticut (CPCT) is a 400,000-sq-ft state-of-the-art sports and recreation facility located in Stamford, CT, just off I-95 at Exit 9. Slated to open in July 2012, Chelsea Piers Connecticut will consist of seven core sports facilities encompassing more than 18 sports.
• The Rinks - Twin rink skating facility for ice hockey and figure skating
• Aquatics Center - Olympic-sized pool, warm water instructional and exercise pool, and 6,000 sq-ft water play area featuring three giant slides
• Gymnastics Training Center - 15,000 sq-ft gymnastics training space with a recreational trampoline center and cheerleading program
• Baseball and Softball Training Facility - Indoor turf infield and five batting cages
• Field House - Indoor 100-yard turf field for soccer, lacrosse, football, field hockey, softball and baseball; hardwood courts for basketball and volleyball; and a 1/5-mile track.
• Squash Center - Squash Center with 12 courts
• Tennis Center - Tennis Center with seven indoor tennis courts
Like Chelsea Piers New York, CPCT will combine athletic facilities with an extensive array of professional instructors and league programs for youths, teens and adults.
In addition to these sport offerings, CPCT will also be home to:
• Childcare facility and preschool - Small class sizes, certified teachers and use of the sports facilities at CPCT
• Food Service - Food service, event spaces, and catering throughout the facility
• Pro Shop - An on-site pro shop for equipment needs
To learn more: www.chelseapiersct.com