The Trilife, a leading coaching company in the UK, recently released a new FREE* front crawl / freestyle swim app. Stroke Builder, an app for the iPhone and iPad and available on Apple iTunes, is a comprehensive guide to swimming front crawl / freestyle and correcting faults using swimming drills.
The app is an invaluable tool for developing swimmers and coaches with the use of high definition video clips narrated by Great Britain Olympic coach Dan Salcedo while other coaches Andrea Whitcombe and Thom Phillips demonstrate the drills and good swim techniques.
Novice swimmers should start with the stroke builder section which will lead them step-by-step to developing an efficient front crawl. Intermediate swimmers will benefit from the fault fixer and drills database to help them fix issues with their stroke and provide variety to their training sessions. Coaches can use all the sections as a demonstration tool to show correct technique to their swimmers.
To get you started the free app contains the first 4 videos. The rest of the content is offered as In-App purchases. This content is split into 3 sections: Stroke Builder, Fault Fixer and Drills Database, so you can choose the section that suits your current level of swimming or get all 3 to complete this comprehensive guide to front crawl / freestyle.
The app suggests drills to develop an efficient and relaxed front crawl stroke so that novice athletes can swim their race distance comfortably without feeling exhausted.
Full App Features:
• Stroke Builder - this section of the app provides a 10 part step-by-step guide to developing your front crawl stroke. The free app includes the introduction and first chapter - "Introduction - The Perfect Stroke" and "Reducing Resistance - Body Position".
• Fault Fixer - analyses the 24 most common front crawl faults providing answers to fixing them. The free app includes the first fault - "Body Not Streamlined".
• Drills Database - a collection of 20 swimming drills clearly demonstrated by former elite triathlete Andrea Whitcombe with details of when to use them. The free app includes the first drill - "Catch Up".
• Every section contains video and supporting text from the expert coaches of thetrilife.com.
The Stroke Builder iPhone and iPad app is FREE an available on iTunes here.
About The Trilife
thetrilife.com is a leading coaching company in the UK, delivering swim, bike and run coaching via online training programs, training day camps, overseas camps and one-to-one sessions. The highly qualified coaching team that includes Richard Jones, Bill Black and Andrea Whitcombe provides coaching for athletes of all levels of fitness and ability from first time triathletes through to seasoned professionals and elite performers. Visit www.thetrilife.com for more details.
• TriEssential Upgrades Triathlon iPhone App