COLORADO SPRINGS, CO. -- USA Triathlon is pleased to recognize OptumHealth Performance Center of Eden Prairie, MN, as the nation's seventh USA Triathlon Certified Training Center.
In order to be designated one the top multisport facilities in the nation, OptumHealth Performance Center met a number of rigorous requirements put forth by USA Triathlon. "We are thrilled to welcome OptumHealth Performance Center to USA Triathlon's family of Certified Training Centers," said Angie Murphy, USA Triathlon Coaching Specialty Manager. "This facility will provide state-of-the-art equipment, performance testing and access to certified coaches to a number of USA Triathlon constituents."
The OptumHealth Performance Center offers a number of state-of-the-art facilities, including:
• Eight-lane, 25-yard competition pool and a five-lane, 25-yard shallow warm pool
• 40 Tacx Flo Trainers and 8 CompuTrainers
• CompuTrainer Real Course video software and MultiRider Real Course Video software with two 50-inch plasma video monitors
• Eight Bodyguard T300 treadmills with a top-end speed of 12 mph
• AlterG P200 Anti-gravity treadmill
• Open-water swimming access, as well as paved and non-paved trail access
Services available at the OptumHealth Performance Center include:
• Performance lab testing including metabolic rate tests and Vo2 max and blood lactate levels testing
• Run gait and swim analysis utilizing SiliconCoach video analysis software
• Bike fitting
• Nutrition consultation
• Athletic training and physical therapy services
• Certified massage therapists
• Strength coaching as well as swim, bike and run-specific coaching
OptumHealth Performance Center will provide USA Triathlon members and coaches a discount on metabolic testing, swim video analysis, bike spin scan analysis and run gait video analysis. Additionally, USA Triathlon annual members will receive two free passes on an annual basis and free facility access to the USA Triathlon National Team Program.
"We are honored to receive USA Triathlon certification for the OptumHealth Performance Center," said Frank Blackstock, senior vice president of OptumHealth Performance Center. "Our training facility, testing ability and coaching methods are designed to assist athletes at every level. Gaining USA Triathlon certification is a badge that our staff and athletes can be proud of."
For more information about the OptumHealth Performance Center, please visit optumhealthperformance.com.
For more information on how to become a USA Triathlon Certified Training or Performance Center, please contact Angie Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit usatriathlon.org.
- OptumHealth Performance Summer Triathlon Series in MN
- OptumHealth Opens Triathlon Training Center in Eden Prairie, MN