From Timex comes this interesting new wrist-top Ironman Race Trainer Pro watch with heart-rate monitor. If you are looking for a watch that you can easily see while running or biking without all the other bells and whistles then you should check this out. The face of the watch sits on the side of your wrist, so you don't have to turn it to check out your heart rate, training zone, or the time while your run or bike. It's a small innovation that will make your experience training or racing more enjoyable.
Timex, a leader in outdoor and sports performance timepieces, launched the Timex Ironman Race Trainer Pro earlier this year, an advanced digital heart rate system distinguished by its unique fit on the athlete's wrist.
The watch's digital display rests comfortably on the side of the wrist, thanks to a unique sling band that allows the athlete to conveniently check heart rate, zone or elapsed time without twisting the wrist or letting go of bike handlebars. The heart rate system boasts an impressive array of fitness measurement features and wirelessly syncs with the user's computer, allowing workouts to be saved and analyzed online.
The Timex Ironman Race Trainer Pro watch wirelessly syncs with the user's computer using ANT+ technology, which allows athletes to store and track their workouts and then deliver information to a complimentary online log powered by TrainingPeaks. Additionally, users can conveniently program the watch from their computer prior to their next workout with desktop software available on TimexIronman.com. The Timex Ironman Race Trainer and Race Trainer Pro line of digital heart rate monitors is one of only a few downloadable heart rate monitors that are also compatible with the Mac operating system - OSX 10.4 and later.
Designed for endurance athletes and fitness enthusiasts worldwide, the system possesses an array of essential fitness functions, including a multi-workout memory, a variable-intensity interval timer and the Flex Tech heart rate sensor. It is available in white or black and boasts a useful range of features, including:
• 10-workout memory - chrono or interval timer-based
• wireless computer connectivity with the included Timex DataXchanger USB device
• soft and comfortable Flex Tech chest sensor with consumer-replaceable battery
• workout review with average/peak heart rate, time spent in target zone, and calories burned
• 50-lap memory per workout with average heart rate per lap
• five-segment, variable-intensity interval timer with target zones
• automatic heart rate recovery with selectable duration
• 100M water-resistance rating for enhanced watch durability
• INDIGLO®night-light with NIGHT-MODE feature for use in low-light conditions
Check out a demo of the Timex Ironman Race Trainer Pro Watch here.
The Timex Ironman Race Trainer Pro Kit is available in Sports Specialty retailers worldwide and on Timex.com. It come is Black or White with a price of $199.95.