EAS Peak creates a new category in sports nutrition - performance beverages. This new caffeine-free beverage meets the needs of fitness enthusiasts and others leading active lifestyles who desire increased workout capacity, sustained energy and muscle protection to enjoy sports and fitness activities day after day. EAS Peak is designed to be consumed before physical activity to help maximize performance.
EAS Peak™, new from Abbott's EAS® brand, brings genuine innovation to the sports nutrition category. EAS Peak is the only performance beverage with the proprietary P3™ technology, along with 10 grams of protein, to help athletes and fitness enthusiasts get more out of their training regimen or sporting event. EAS Peak's P3 technology helps to:
• PUSH - increase workout capacity
• PERFORM - sustain energy release
• PROTECT - reduce muscle breakdown
Nutrition Features and Benefits
The EAS Peak performance beverage changes the game in sports nutrition with P3 technology, a unique blend of specialized ingredients including:
• Beta-alanine - Contains 1.1 grams of beta-alanine1, an amino acid used to produce carnosine in the muscles. Carnosine buffers exercise-related acidity in the muscles to help delay fatigue.
• Isomaltulose - Contains 15 grams of isomaltulose, a slowly digested carbohydrate that sustains blood glucose levels, a source of muscle energy, over a longer period of time compared with other carbohydrates.
• HMB - Contains 1 gram of HMB (beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate). HMB is a proprietary ingredient that can help slow muscle protein breakdown while promoting the production of new muscle tissue.
EAS® Peak™ is an excellent source of high-quality protein (10 grams per serving). It also contains 25 grams of carbohydrates (15 grams isomaltulose), 150 Calories and less than 1 gram of fat.
EAS Peak is available in Orange Spark, Peach Surge and Fruit Power flavors. The 16-fluid-ounce recyclable plastic bottle has bold packaging, is designed for an easy grip during consumption, and features a reclosable top for increased convenience and portability.
EAS Peak will be available in grocery stores, drug stores and mass retail outlets starting in mid-August. For additional information on the new EAS Peak sports beverage go to: www.eas.com/peak EAS sports nutrition products are also available online at www.AbbottStore.com.