Davis, CA, April 23, 2010 -- JammyCo is pleased to announce the release of Triathlon Trainer ("TriTrainer"), the company's second iPhone and iPod Touch App. TriTrainer provides a 16-week workout plan to train an individual for an Olympic distance triathlon.
JammyCo previously released the popular First Time Triathlon ("1stTimeTri"), which prepares an individual for a sprint triathlon. Like the first App, TriTrainer is designed by a former professional triathlete and triathlon coach.
"We've had a lot of requests to design a follow-up App specific for the Olympic distance," said JammyCo President Jamima Wolk. "TriTrainer answers these calls."
TriTrainer offers a day-by-day training schedule based on an athlete's level of expertise - whether an athlete is doing their first Olympic distance triathlon or are advanced triathletes seeking an even better time. It includes:
• A full 16-week training plan with detailed daily workouts.
• A training plan customized to your ability level. You can choose whether you are at a beginning or intermediate level in each sport (swimming, biking and running). Or, if you are a more experienced triathlete, you can choose a separate advanced level workout plan.
• A training program also customized to your scheduling needs, allowing you to choose the one "Rest Day" a week that you want.
• Over 30 invaluable "Triathlon Tips From A Pro."
* Comprehensive training resources, covering such topics as proper form, equipment, race strategy, workout guidelines, and nutrition.
• Track your training progress as you complete each workout.
"There really aren't any comprehensive, easy-to-use, and affordable training program Apps for triathletes wishing to do an Olympic distance triathlon," said Wolk. "TriTrainer offers exactly that."
The iPhone & iPod Touch App will sell for US $9.99. (iTunes Link to TriTrainer)
Note: In order to be able to start the training program at the beginning level, you should be able to do the following (individually, not one after another): (1) swim a total of 400 yards (350 meters) during a particular workout (this can include stops in-between laps); (2) bike for 30 minutes without stopping, at an easy, leisurely pace; and (3) run for at least 15 minutes continuously at an easy, leisurely pace.
Wolk, a former professional triathlete and triathlon coach, developed the App. She started competing as a professional in 2000 and retired in 2007. Her race resume includes everything from sprint to Ironman distance races. Additional developmental support was provided by Adrian Iley.
JammyCo, founded in 2009 by Jamima Wolk, consists of a brother and sister team that produces top-quality, innovative fitness iPhone and iPod Touch Apps.
• JammyCo Launches "1stTimeTri" App for the Android Market
• New iPhone & iPod Touch App for Triathletes - 1stTimeTri