Gatorade is set to launch G Series Pro, a new variant of its recently launched G Series, through a distribution alliance with GNC starting on May 1, 2010. The full product line range will be distributed initially through an exclusive co-marketing and co-distribution collaboration with GNC and its network of nearly 5,500 outlets in the US.
G Series Pro was originally developed by The Gatorade Sports Science Institute to meet the needs of professional athletes and now it's time for the next generation of athletes to reap the benefits, us the amateur athletes. The new G Series Pro product line encompasses the entire spectrum from start to finish with 01 Prime (pre training / race), 02 Perform (during training / racing) and 03 Recover (post training / race) products.
"Make no mistake, Gatorade is all about the athlete," said Sarah Robb O'Hagan, chief marketing officer of Gatorade. "Our 2010 product range focuses on the intersection between the insights of pro athletes and the advantages of our peerless scientific approach to product development."
G Series Pro raises the bar even higher with it's broad product line mix:
G Series Pro - 01 Prime
Carbohydrate Energy Drink
• A concentrated carbohydrate source for effective glycogen loading. Works with 02 Perform to sustain carbohydrate utilization in working muscles during activity.
• Helps meet daily calorie needs while providing protein and 15 vitamins and minerals for improved muscle metabolism and energy to promote normal muscle adaption.
• A convenient calorie boost providing a quality balance of macro-nutrients to help support optimal performance with a blend of 15 vitamins and minerals.
G Series Pro - 02 Perform
Endurance Formula (Ready to Drink & Powder)
• Ready-to-drink and Ready-to-mix products deliver almost twice the sodium and more than three times the potassium of Gatorade Thirst Quencher to replace critical electrolytes and help maintain proper fluid balance.
Endurance Powder Sticks
• Convenient powder sticks deliver almost twice the sodium and more than three times the potassium of Gatorade Thirst Quencher to replace critical electrolytes and help maintain proper fluid balance.
• Electrolyte mix specially formulated for cramp-prone athletes and designed for use with 02 Perform products.
G Series Pro - 03 Recover
Protein Recovery Shake
• Plenty of carbohydrates to restore glycogen, plus a healthy dose of protein with all the amino acids needed to repair spent muscles and speed recovery.
Visit www.gatorade.com/products/gseriespro for additional information on Gatorade's new G Series product lineup.
Additional reading materials from the Gatorade Sports Science Institute:
- The Science of G Series
- Protein Nutrition and Endurance Exercise: What Does Science Say?
Gatorade is the official sports drink of USAT, and Gatorade Endurance Formula (GEF) is on the course at all Ironman events in North America.