Timex, the leader in outdoor and sports performance watches has unveiled the new Timex Ironman Global Trainer Bodylink System, a GPS-enabled competitive training watch designed for passionate athletes worldwide. The new all-in-one wrist device is Timex's latest innovation designed for today's modern athletes across all levels.
The integrated GPS feature on the new Ironman branded Global Trainer system precisely calculates speed, pace and distance while measuring location and altitude with ascent/descent distances and rates. The durable watch is designed specifically for strenuous multisport use, boasting a 15-hour rechargeable battery and is water resistance to 50 meters. It has a customizable display that provides up to four performance metrics simultaneously, letting you conveniently monitor a wealth of data during workouts. The product also includes a hands-free option that automatically starts and stops data capture, as well as a multisport event mode to track and record activity-specific data, including transitions, in a user-defined sequence.
• SiRFstarIII-powered GPS technology requires no calibration
• Calculates precise speed, pace and distance in real time
• Measures location and altitude with ascent/descent distances and rates
• Recalls up to 50 custom routes for pace tracking
• Customizable four-window data display provides critical data at-a-glance
• Water-resistant up to 50 meters
• Rechargeable battery lasts 15 hours in GPS
• 20-workout memory with dated summaries for up to 1,000 laps
• Performance mode features chronograph, interval and countdown timers
• Records elapsed time, calories burned and workout data for each lap
• Performance pacer function helps the user meet finish-time goals
• Hands-free option automatically starts and stops data capture functions
• Multisport event mode records activities and transitions in one sequence
• Performance and GPS data wirelessly sync with software powered by TrainingPeaks
• Compatible with Timex heart rate and bike sensors using ANT+
• Compatible with third-party bike power sensors using ANT+
• INDIGLO Night-Light with Night-Mode feature
The Global Trainer Bodylink System is compatible with Timex heart rate and bike speed/cadence sensors, and it can display data from third-party bike power meters using ANT+ technology.
The new Timex Ironman Global Trainer Bodylink System will be available for purchase later this year (September of 2010) at sports specialty retailers and on www.timexironman.com. It will be priced from $249.95 to $299.95.
"The Timex Ironman Global Trainer Bodylink System is the ultimate training tool for elite athletes, and the only GPS-enabled watch worthy of the Timex Ironman name," said Heberto Calves, Vice President of Marketing at Timex. "It is technologically advanced for modern athletes, but does not sacrifice the reliability, ease-of-use and affordability the market has come to expect from Timex."
• Timex Ironman Watches Help Athletes "Tap" Into Elevated Performance