Two-time Ironman World Champion Chrissie Wellington's Cervelo P2C is up for auction on ebay for charity. This is the bike that she used in 2008 to win Ironman Germany, the Alp D'Huez Long Course triathlon, Ironman 70.3 Timberman and the World Long Course Championships. The money raised through the auction will aid the Blazeman Foundation for ALS started by the late Jon Blais.
The auction is currently open for bidding and will end on November 21, 2008 at 15:49:16 PST. Link to auction on ebay.
Description of auction on ebay:
You are bidding on two-time Ironman World Champion Chrissie Wellington's Cervelo P2C frame that she raced on in 2008. The frame has been autographed with a silver pen. This is the very frame that won Ironman Germany, the Alpe d'Huez Triathlon, Timberman 70.3 and the Long Course World Championship. Chrissie has generously offered up this frame to support the Blazeman Foundation and the War on ALS. The Blazeman Foundation for ALS is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. It is a family foundation that serves to carry out the vision of its namesake and founder, the late Jonathan "Blazeman" Blais. Contributions to the foundation are tax deductible. The mission of the Blazeman Foundation for ALS is 1) to raise awareness about ALS by leveraging the energy, commitment and compassion of the multi-sport community and 2) to raise necessary funds to be directed into cutting-edge scientific research to find treatments and an eventual cure for ALS...So Others May Live. To learn more about the Blazeman's legacy click on the link to a YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vrjp2P0GlE . You may also visit the foundation's website at http://www.waronals.com
In addition to the autographed frame, the winner of this auction will receive:
* A signed, unused TYR racing singlet
* Chrissie's 2008 cycling shoes that she wore in Kona (autographed as well)
* Chrissie's 2007 Kona running shoes (autographed as well)
* An autographed copy of the January 2009 issue of Triathlete Magazine, featuring Chrissie on the cover
* A blurb and photo in Triathlete Magazine congratulating the winning bidder (if the winning bidder so chooses)
* A signed copy of the 30th anniversary Ironman hard cover commemorative book
* A letter of authenticity for all products signed by Chrissie
* A nutrition pack from Cytosport featuring: (1) case (4 tubs) of Cytomax powder (any flavors); (1) variety box of Cytomax packets; (1) case (4 tubs) of Muscle Milk powder (any flavors); 1 box of Cytomax Gel; (2) boxes of Muscle Milk Light bars (1 of each flavor).
Below is a message from Chrissie posted along with the auction:
Jon Blais, the ‘Warrior Poet’, epitomized everything that is great about our sport. His strength, in mind, body and character, his determination in the face of adversity, his passion for triathlon, his fighting spirit and his desire to make a difference has touched thousands, and continues to inspire people each and every day.
It is my hope that this auction not only raises much needed funds for the ALS ‘Blazeman’ Foundation, but also help increase awareness about this dreadful, debilitating disease; support efforts to improve research and find possible cures, and ensures that Jon’s work - and his strength and courage - lives on. Thank you all so much for bidding!
World Ironman Champion 2007 and 2008
• Rest In Peace Jon "Blazeman" Blais