Giro has release its new colors for its popular Advantage 2 TT Aero Bike Helmet just in time for the upcoming holiday season. The Giro Advantage 2 represents the pinnacle of aerodynamic performance, fit and ventilation.
The Giro Advantage 2 Aero Helmet made its debut in the 2006 Tour de France. It was developed with countless wind tunnel hours and the feedback of several elite riders over several years. The 2009 Giro Advantage 2 Time Trial / Aero Bike Helmet is the most prominent aero helmet ever created and is the choice of elite professionals like Lance Armstrong, Alberto Contador, Levi Leipheimer, David Millar and Alejandro Velverde. The only change for the 2009 helmet seems to be the new colors.
The Giro Advantage 2 was honed to a razor's steely perfection in the heat of elite competition. If you need a helmet that slices the wind, slashes your time, and is on the cutting edge of aerodynamic performance then the Giro Advantage 2 is the aero helmet for you.
- Wind tunnel and competition-proven design
- CPSC compliant
- Roc Loc 4 - Giro's Roc Loc 4 is the industry benchmark for adjustability, durability, and rider comfort. It offers full adjustment of both fit tension and vertical position, for a truly custom fit that makes Giro helmets more stable on your head, especially on rough roads or technical trails.
- In-mold - Fusing the sleek, four-part outer shell with its impact-absorbing EPS liner to create a single integral unit. The two materials are literally fused together, each reinforced by the other. This 'exoskeleton' allows helmets to be lighter, more durable, and better-ventilated than traditional road helmets.
- 5 vents with internal channels to thrust cool, fresh air
- Internal channeling - Giro helmets are designed to allow air to circulate within the helmet, allowing the rider's head to be more ventilated.
- Super Fit
- S: (20"-21.75" / 51-55 cm)
- M: (21.75"-23.25" / 55-59 cm)
- L: (23.25"-24.75" / 59-63 cm)
- Matte Black / White
- Blue / Black
- Caisse D’Epargne Red / Black
- White / Silver
- Black / Magenta
Estimated MSRP: $159.00
Additional information can be found on the Giro website: www.giro.com/site/#/product/cycling/race/advantage2
If the new colors aren't appealing to you or the economic downturn has you on a tight budget now you might want to consider looking at the 2008 Giro Advantage 2 Aero Helmet. The features haven't changed. The prices should drop once these new helmet get through the distribution channels.