The Ironman World Championship race in Kona is only a month away and Endurance Sports Travel is bringing a wonderful group of athletes and supporters to the Big Island this year. As it turns out, we still have some great, affordable properties available within walking distance of the start line, downtown Kona, and all the best spectator spots. We recently acquired flights for under $600 (taxes included), so if ever there was a time to visit the Ironman World Championships it's now.
Whether you are looking to train for a late 2008 or early 2009 race, trying to prep for that future Kona slot, want to see some incredible racing or are simply looking to relax in the sun, we have some fantastic options for you for under $200 per night.
Don't want to worry about car rentals, breakfast each morning, or mechanic services, let us do the worrying. We have a great travel package that includes the following:
• Transfer from the airport to your accommodations
• Welcome package and gifts
• Welcome Dinner with all EST athletes, family and friends
• Buffet breakfast each morning
- A great way for athletes, family and friends to meet as well as an opportunity to ask me any questions you might have about the course, race conditions, training, my experiences in Kona, or anything else on your mind
• Professional bike mechanic to service your bike at no additional charge
• Optional bike unpack and assembly as well as disassemble and pack service
• Ample opportunity for Q and A with Ken Glah during race week
• Hospitality area on race day for family and friends at the "hot corner" on Palani Hill as well as transportation to Kawaihae during the bike leg so you can see your athlete riding out on the course.
Transportation services include:
- Daily morning transport to the pier for swimming, breakfast, shopping, race registration, etc.
- Transport to and from designated areas on the bike course so you can ride the entire course in sections- These supported rides will be available October 1st through the 7th giving you 7 chances to ride the course in it's entirety. Each day you will have the option of riding:
- Town-Hapuna Beach: 27 miles
- Hapuna Beach-Hawi-Hapuna Beach: 50 miles
- Hapuna Beach-Town: 27 miles
- This will allow you to experience riding the entire course over several days in sections that will fit into your tapering plan. Family and friends are welcome to come along on the trip when space is available so they can see the course and spend some time relaxing at the wonderful Hapuna Beach!
- Transport and aid stations for practice along the run course- EST employees will provide hydration and nutrition as well as vehicle support on October 4th, 5th, and 6th so that you will be able to see the run course without worrying about overexposure or dehydration. Runs will encompass the energy lab and the highway giving athletes the option to run anywhere from 3.5 to 10 miles.
- Transport to race meeting, carbo dinner, bike check-in and awards dinner
- Transport race morning to start and after race shuttle to accommodations for all athletes and family.
- Transport from your accommodation to the airport on your day of departure
If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to call or write us:
Endurance Sports Travel
Endurance Sports Travel also offers great travel packages to the following races:
• Ironman 70.3 Pucon
• Ironman New Zealand
• Ironman South Africa
• Ironman China / Ironman 70.3 China
• Ironman Brazil
• Ironman France
• Ironman Germany
• Ironman Austria
• Ironman Switzerland
• Ironman Wisconsin
• Ironman Florida
• Ironman Western Australia
**This is a paid advertisement