On a hot day in Pasadena in the remote wilderness of Newfoundland Craig Alexander defends his Ironman 70.3 Newfoundland title, again beating out fellow Aussie Richie Cunningham for the win. On the women's side Mirinda Carfrae, the 2007 Ironman 70.3 World Champion led the race from start to finish claiming her first title at the Ironman 70.3 Newfoundland race. Cynthia Wilson of Canada stayed close to Carfrae but fell of her pace on the run, she ended up finishing six minutes behind Carfrae to claim 2nd place.
2008 Ironman 70.3 Newfoundland Results:
|1 - Craig Alexander||3:59:45||1 - Mirinda Carfrae||4:27:23|
|2 - Richie Cunningham||4:01:33||2 - Cynthia Wilson||4:33:34|
|3 - Chris Legh||4:04:09||3 - Magali Tisseyre||4:37:56|
|4 - Sean Bechtel||4:06:07||4 - Sara Gross||4:42:1|
|5 - Paul Matthews||4:06:26||5 - Sara Domina||4:48:46|
Turn out for the race in Pasadena was lite compared to other 70.3 races in the series. Only 250 participants took on the challenge along with 10 relay teams. Why such a low turn out? It's a bit difficult and time consuming to get to this remote location in the wilderness. You have to wonder if we will see this race on the schedule next year or not especially with the addition of the Ironman 70.3 Muskoka triathlon which was a sell out this year.
- For a complete listing of results from the race in Newfoundland click here.
• Galindez and Bentley win Inaugural Ironman 70.3 Rhode Island
• Bozzone and Major Win Inaugural Ironman 70.3 Boise
• McCormack, McGlone Defend Titles at Ironman 70.3 Hawaii
• Alexander Wins 3rd Consecutive St. Croix Ironman 70.3 Title
• Mirinda Carfrae Wins Title at Ironman 70.3 Geelong