In Richards Bay, South Africa Daniel Unger of Germany and Carolyn Murray of Canada Win their first ITU World Cup titles at the 2008 Richards Bay BG Triathlon World Cup race.
Today's win solidifies Unger World Championship title which he won last year in Hamburg before every winning a World Cup race. He crossed the finish line just ahead of Olympic bound Matt Reed. On the women's side Murray who's world cup best has been eighth place just edged out Felicity Abram of Australia for the win.
2008 Richards Bay BG Triathlon World Cup Results:
|1 - Carolyn Murray (CAN)||2:03:32||1 - Daniel Unger (GER)||1:52:49|
|2 - Felicity Abram (AUS)||2:03:35||2 - Matt Reed (USA)||1:52:50|
|3 - Magali Di Marco (SUI)||2:03:41||3 - Hendrik DeVilliers (RSA)||1:52:50|
|4 - Kathy Tremblay (CAN)||2:03:51||4 - Kyle Jones (CAN)||1:53:00|
|5 - Ricarda Lisk (GET)||2:04:11||5 - Laurent Vidal (FRA)||1:53:05|
The top American female in Richards Bay was Sarah Groff (2:04:56) who finished in 14th place.
Additional coverage of the Richards Bay BG Triathlon World Cup:
- Murray steals Richards Bay title via International Triathlon Union
- Unger wins first World Cup title via via International Triathlon Union
For additional coverage on the BG Triathlon World Cup see the International Triathlon Union website.
• Don & Warriner Victorious at Tongyeong BG Triathlon World Cup
• Snowsill and Gomez Win Mooloolaba ITU Titles
• 2008 BG Triathlon World Cup Series Calendar